Marketing and Outreach Coordinator
CNY Fair Housing is a non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating housing discrimination, promoting open and diverse communities, and ensuring equal access to housing opportunity for all people in Central and Northern New York.
Position Description: The Marketing and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for building awareness of the organization’s mission through marketing, public relations and education, coordinating agency events, conducting intake and screening of client calls, assisting with the investigation of complaints and other administrative tasks.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the Marketing and Outreach Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Promotion of programs and services through the creation and maintenance of marketing collaterals, organizational newsletter and website and social media platforms.
- Coordination of organization educational outreach including booking and managing speaking engagements, training sessions and tabling events.
- Coordination, planning and management of organization events including annual fundraisers, conferences and other community-related events.
- Coordination of earned and paid advertising opportunities including media outreach.
- Assist with client intake of suspected cases of housing discrimination; advise clients on housing rights and make appropriate referrals.
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in working effectively and respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds; skill in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Previous marketing and/or non-profit experience a plus
- Strong computer skills required, including MS Office, MS Publisher, and WordPress
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required
If you believe you meet the qualifications and are interested, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. This is a full-time (40 hours/week), grant-funded position with competitive salary and benefits package. Position open until filled.
CNY Fair Housing is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting diversity in the workplace.
Marketing Intern—Assist with event and outreach activities including, collateral design, media and calendar announcements and funder awareness. Other general marketing activities including audience building and outreach for electronic newsletter, writing, social media updates and more.
Housing/Research Intern—Provide internet research on housing trends, rental and sales advertising, zoning changes and more. Compile and report housing information. Provide general administrative support to legal and enforcement staff.
We are always looking for talented students to participate in internships with us. If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.